This question is often asked by two different types of people:
- People who are aggressively pursuing their goals and are focused on bottom line returns.
- People who are doing the minimum, are disinterested and taking what life gives them.
For the rest of us, it seems obvious that by investing in ourselves, our skills, our knowledge and our abilities, that we will advance in life and get more of what we want.
But this is not so obvious to most people.
Many people are disconnected from the fact that an investment in oneself will give a return on investment that continues throughout one’s entire life.
Here are some of the tangible benefits:
- Enhanced quality of life
- Increased income
- Greater career opportunities
- Enhanced health
- Greater self-expression
What does investing in oneself look like?
Here are some examples:
- Buying new clothes
- Developing new knowledge through books, seminars, etc.
- Enhancing one’s skills
- Enjoying experiences that are memorable