A strong desire to achieve something high or great; an object of such desire.
1. To have a great ambition; desire strongly. 2. To strive toward an end.
1. Somebody or something that is useful and contributes to the success of something. 2. A property to which a value can be assigned. 3. The property that is owned by a particular person or organization. 4. The property of a person that can be taken by law for the settlement of debts or that forms part of a dead person’s estate. 5. The items on a balance sheet that constitute the total value of an organization.
A grouping of similar types of investments which have similar financial characteristics and behave similarly in the marketplace.
There are five main classes which are:
- Equities (stocks): Owning a share of a company.
- Fixed Income (debt): Lending money to a company or government for interest.
- Cash or equivalents: Money in bank accounts, or in your pocket, foreign exchange.
- Real Estate: Owning something physical like property.
- Commodities: Natural resource commodities and precious metals like gold, platinum, silver, etc.