A grouping of similar types of investments which have similar financial characteristics and behave similarly in the marketplace.
There are five main classes which are:
- Equities (stocks): Owning a share of a company.
- Fixed Income (debt): Lending money to a company or government for interest.
- Cash or equivalents: Money in bank accounts, or in your pocket, foreign exchange.
- Real Estate: Owning something physical like property.
- Commodities: Natural resource commodities and precious metals like gold, platinum, silver, etc.
Leadership Advocate | Co-Founder Goldzone Group. I help leaders to master the new rules of leadership for the new economy. Over the past 30 years, I have visited over 500 cities in 54 countries to explore, learn from, and help many of the world’s leading companies, leaders, and luminaries in the fields of science, technology, health, finance, entrepreneurship, and leadership.